The modern consumer demands convenience, ease of use, and efficiency when it comes to all products and services. This is why there is a high demand for websites that are quick, practical, and aesthetically pleasing. Over the past few years, a spotlight has been lit on good UX design and its importance when it comes to creating a successful website.
What is UX Design?
User Experience (UX) design refers to the general experience that the end user has while visiting your website. Many factors are taken into consideration when determining how the end user would feel when browsing your site.
The Factors That Contribute To Good UX Design
There are many factors that contribute to positive user experience, including:
- Usability– How easy is your site to use and navigate?
- Findability– Investing in SEO will make your site easier to find.
- Usefulness– Does your site serve a definitive purpose?
- Accessibility– Is your site easy to read, and is it accessible to those using mobile phones?
- Desirability– Aesthetic appeal is a very important factor because people are visual creatures and we have become accustomed to good design.
- Responsiveness– The loading speed of your site should be up to scratch. Don’t leave your potential clients waiting.
The Importance of UX Design
No matter what industry you’re in, there are probably hundreds of websites offering the same product or service that you are. A deciding factor for many customers when choosing which brand to purchase from, is the overall user experience of the site.
A site that is pleasing and satisfying to use is far more likely to maintain returning customers than a site that is ineffective. This means sites designed with UX in mind are going to experience higher conversion and return rates.
Other benefits include improved SEO rankings, building trust with your customers, increased revenue, and saving money and time in the long run.
It’s time to start prioritising the user experience!
Looking for a web design service that acknowledges the importance of the user experience? The team at Oyster Media are web design experts and specialise in creating practical and attractive websites with the end user in mind. Contact us today on [email protected], and let’s begin creating the perfect website for your brand.